The Switch Off Project is a program designed for students in their senior years of school to help build resilience and the skills needed to keep up with the complexity and pace of life.
The Switch Off Project is a carefully developed program that comes from the perspective of the student. Working with them to show why managing technology, taking time out to care for themselves and surrounding themselves with the right people will help them deal with the pressures of school life while developing the skills to take them into adulthood.
Based on the teachings from the book Switch Off. How to find calm in a noisy world, the Switch Off Project will help students to;
- Recognise when it’s time to switch off from technology and establish good habits when it comes to using devices
- Understand their behaviours and the triggers that relate to anxiety, stress, pressure and overwhelm and how to make the necessary changes
- Build healthy habits that help them ‘flick the switch’ between school, family, sporting and social life
- How to stay focused on what is important
- How to establish positive role models and teams to support their goals
- Create a life environment that supports their health and wellbeing
With a multitude of programs and information available online for students to access through the click of a button accessing information is not an issue. However, finding evidence-based, meaningful and relevant information specific to their current needs is a challenge. The Switch Off Project places all of the information they need to manage anxiety, pressure and stress while taking care of their health and wellbeing in one place.
The success of the Switch Off Project is in its design mix of a live school based presentation followed by individual access to the online platform to encourage integrating the skills of switching off into their lives long after the school based session.
ANGELA IN THE MEDIA - Related to children, Adolescence and parenting
The Queensland Times: "What our behaviours are teaching our children."
Live Immediately Podcast: "How to parent children in a noisy world."
Kids on the Coast: "What our behaviours are teaching our children."
Haven Magazine: ""Switching off. Strategies for surviving stress."
Tweed Daily News: "Learning piece of mind in schools."